March 6, 2012

10 things I learned from college thus far


10. Don't judge anyone. Everyone has his/her own story.
9. There is no easy class. When people say "take this class, it's easy," they really mean it's easy RELATIVE to every other class in the school.
8. Even if your professor is one of the worst lecturers ever, he is very intelligent (aka he may very well be featured on Forbes).
7. Everyone does something. In high school, there were many people who "just did school." But I feel like every person I've encountered here does something besides just attending classes.
6. Co-ed floors/bathrooms are not as disgusting or awkward as you think. It's really not that bad.
5. Sleep is good. There has yet to come a time when I think, "I have slept enough."
4. You're going to remember the times you do stupid things with your friends rather than all those nights you stayed up to study...which is not to say, don't study, but...make time for friends!
3. College friends don't replace high school friends. They are all gold.
2. There is not enough time for everything you want to do. In high school, spread yourself thin; in college, go deep. Make the best of college!
1. "Don't study and use your spare time for God. Be with God and use your spare time to study."

5 comments:

Anisa Young said...

I love this list, I'm glad you're having a great time transitioning into Cal! <3

david said...

yes for number 1. yes all day err day.

Lola said...

Yay for no. 10, if only more people learnt to do this!! Great list x

RaindropsofSapphire said...

Those are good lessons learned! Hopefully you can stop by my blog :) :)

www.raindropsofsapphire.com

Christina said...

hahaha this is funny! Love it. come check out my blog too! :)

ChicPear Fashion Blog: www.chicpear.com
ChicPear Bloglovin