January 16, 2012

Fried Rice w/ Spam

One of my goals during winter break was to learn to cook at least one dish. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to cook. During a conversation, I realized how much I missed eating at Berkeley's Bear Ramen, which serves amazing fried rice with kimchi and spam. I'm not fond of spicy foods (and therefore, the kimchi part of the dish). Therefore, it inspired me to make my own version of fried rice with lots and lots of spam. I loved being able to control how much or little of something I added into my dish. I included more of what I loved and excluded what I disliked. I'm pretty sure this dish became my favorite (and my parents') over winter break. Now, why pay $7 for fried rice when I could make it myself?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Spam...

Tiffo said...

Will ya make some for me in March? ;)

Anisa Young said...

NOM! that looks yummy! Caliber potluck, yes? ;)

xx